BoxRocket Studios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flash development, games, misc.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trading Card Game Collaboration (Scratch based)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
soupoftomato

Trading Card Game Collaboration (Scratch based) Empty
PostSubject: Trading Card Game Collaboration (Scratch based)   Trading Card Game Collaboration (Scratch based) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 2:49 am

Here is the planning we have so far:
Trading Card Game Collaboration (Scratch based) QULZS
Back to top Go down
08jackt
Admin
08jackt

PostSubject: Re: Trading Card Game Collaboration (Scratch based)   Trading Card Game Collaboration (Scratch based) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 2:09 pm

soupoftomato wrote:

Okay right so basically players place cards from their deck which upgrade a specific stat of their ship, such as defence and attack?
Back to top Go down
https://boxrocketstudios.rpg-board.net
soupoftomato

PostSubject: Re: Trading Card Game Collaboration (Scratch based)   Trading Card Game Collaboration (Scratch based) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 2:56 am

08jackt wrote:
soupoftomato wrote:

Okay right so basically players place cards from their deck which upgrade a specific stat of their ship, such as defence and attack?
Well, they have their own defense attack.

The player has to focus on taking out parts of other ships while adding parts to their ship.
I have an idea for playing limits per turn and special attacks, as well as a semi developed storyline idea.
Feel free to give any ideas you have (as they are probably better than mine).
Back to top Go down
08jackt
Admin
08jackt

PostSubject: Re: Trading Card Game Collaboration (Scratch based)   Trading Card Game Collaboration (Scratch based) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 1:51 pm

soupoftomato wrote:
08jackt wrote:
soupoftomato wrote:

Well, they have their own defense attack.

The player has to focus on taking out parts of other ships while adding parts to their ship.
I have an idea for playing limits per turn and special attacks, as well as a semi developed storyline idea.
Feel free to give any ideas you have (as they are probably better than mine).
Ah okay.
What was your idea so far for the story?
Back to top Go down
soupoftomato

PostSubject: Re: Trading Card Game Collaboration (Scratch based)   Trading Card Game Collaboration (Scratch based) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:21 am

More plan for progression than anything.

Basically, there is some sort of interplanetary war, involving your race. I don't care if this is a choice, human, alien, whatever.
But there are several planets to deal with. They can be dealt with in several ways but most of the time it will be these ship battles. If you want their ships can be fleets instead of one big ship. There might be VERY RARE planet buyouts where they accept money and bend peacefully, or maybe invasions. Conquering should be varied I think, but not absolutely necessary if it's too hard.

Meanwhile there are places where you represent your ships and such in an actual deck, and you can play against others for new cards or points. (New cards will function like a full blown ship part in battle)

SO BASICALLY:
Several ways to be involved in a war boil down to the basic game: two ships/fleets fighting.
There won't be as much exterior to the fights (e.g. menus, story, etc) as it seems so it won't be THAT hard as long as the main focus is on the fights and we can integrate in other stuff easily.
Back to top Go down
XenoK

XenoK

PostSubject: sounds cool   Trading Card Game Collaboration (Scratch based) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 12:53 am

sounds cool!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.eternityinc-official.com
08jackt
Admin
08jackt

PostSubject: Re: Trading Card Game Collaboration (Scratch based)   Trading Card Game Collaboration (Scratch based) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 9:59 am

soupoftomato wrote:

Basically, there is some sort of interplanetary war, involving your race. I don't care if this is a choice, human, alien, whatever.
But there are several planets to deal with. They can be dealt with in several ways but most of the time it will be these ship battles. If you want their ships can be fleets instead of one big ship. There might be VERY RARE planet buyouts where they accept money and bend peacefully, or maybe invasions. Conquering should be varied I think, but not absolutely necessary if it's too hard.

Meanwhile there are places where you represent your ships and such in an actual deck, and you can play against others for new cards or points. (New cards will function like a full blown ship part in battle)

SO BASICALLY:
Several ways to be involved in a war boil down to the basic game: two ships/fleets fighting.
There won't be as much exterior to the fights (e.g. menus, story, etc) as it seems so it won't be THAT hard as long as the main focus is on the fights and we can integrate in other stuff easily.

Nice ideas- really liking the story! Yeah, we should probably be careful not to make it to story-based, as it could be hard to work out how to introduce all the battles during parts of the plot.

Also I was thinking it might be good to start jumping into the actual coding soon- we'll probably get more ideas to flesh the game out more as we progress. (Or atleast, that's what I always find)

One thing I'm not sure we have planned yet is how the game's going to be structured. Is it just going to be a set sequences of battles, or will there be specific menus that will let you do things like edit your deck or battle someone? I'm thinking there could be some kind of hub world...what do you think?
Back to top Go down
soupoftomato

PostSubject: Re: Trading Card Game Collaboration (Scratch based)   Trading Card Game Collaboration (Scratch based) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 5:03 pm

08jackt wrote:
soupoftomato wrote:

SO BASICALLY:

Nice ideas- really liking the story! Yeah, we should probably be careful not to make it to story-based, as it could be hard to work out how to introduce all the battles during parts of the plot.

Also I was thinking it might be good to start jumping into the actual coding soon- we'll probably get more ideas to flesh the game out more as we progress. (Or atleast, that's what I always find)

One thing I'm not sure we have planned yet is how the game's going to be structured. Is it just going to be a set sequences of battles, or will there be specific menus that will let you do things like edit your deck or battle someone? I'm thinking there could be some kind of hub world...what do you think?

I've been picturing the hub as a sort of galaxy map, showing all the planets involved, as well as a menu to jump to other locations (like a locale where you fight decks, instead of actual ships for upgrading/receiving new cards). You have to unlock the new planets in the war to progress and such.
Back to top Go down
08jackt
Admin
08jackt

PostSubject: Re: Trading Card Game Collaboration (Scratch based)   Trading Card Game Collaboration (Scratch based) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 9:33 am

soupoftomato wrote:
08jackt wrote:
soupoftomato wrote:

SO BASICALLY:

I've been picturing the hub as a sort of galaxy map, showing all the planets involved, as well as a menu to jump to other locations (like a locale where you fight decks, instead of actual ships for upgrading/receiving new cards). You have to unlock the new planets in the war to progress and such.

Ah okay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trading Card Game Collaboration (Scratch based)   Trading Card Game Collaboration (Scratch based) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trading Card Game Collaboration (Scratch based)
Page 1 of 1